Friday 11 January 2008

Happy 2008!!

Long time no updating...(-"-;A
Hope your 2008 be a lovely one!!



Well, I visited a bottega (craft center) of an embroider in Kyoto.
He's one of the best know embroiders in Japan, and famous for
specializing in Noh costumes.



Aren't they beautiful?! I got trembled when I saw them!
Of couse, they both were all handstitched.

Nowadays, we live in 'easy, instant same, cheaper is better' world. But seeing these artistic costumes, I felt we shouldn't lose this kind of cultures.


The world would be so boring if we wear same clothes and have same pictures in our rooms. I wish wonderful Japanese culture keeps going on, and your wonderful cultures do, too. ☆^(o≧▽゚)o

3 comments:

ROTA said...

Indeed they look stunning, you're lucky to see them for real.
I hope to visit japan one day.

Mariko said...

>rota
Thanks for your comment!
You can see them in Japan.
Please come & see in the future.:)

price per head said...

Thank you for the post, pretty helpful info.