Friday 13 November 2009

How to apply Saiho-ji Temple (Moss Garden)



Sorry I haven't updated my blog for a long, long time!!



Here are the photos I took in the middle of October @Moss garden.
Now is a good time to see coloured leaves there, I'm sure. ;D



Since I've written about this temple, I've got the same question from a few people. It was 'how to apply Moss Garden from overseas.'

Here's the answer. :)

Send the following information to Saihoji Temple.
(Moss garden's real name is Saihoji Temple)
**You had better type it as it's hard for the Japanese to read English handwriting.

1. Your name & address
2. Number of people to visit the temple in total
3. The date you want to visit (You'd better write down 2 dates)
and
4. Envelop for reply with your name & address on it

They advise you to post the letter 2 months prior to your visit.

Address of Saihoji Temple is:
56 Jingaya cho, Matsuo
Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto
615-8286 Japan


Saiho-ji used to ask a person in a foreign country to enclose an international reply coupon with the information above, but I heard you cannot get it anymore.
If you cannot purchase it in your country, just forget about it. They will give you a permission anyway.


As I've written before, admission fee for Moss Garden is 3,000 yen per person. (33 USD @today's rate)

5 comments:

EnKoppZen said...

Hello,
Nice to read your blog again, (and sitting from the neigboring island, Hongkong...) makes this japanese temple sounds extra interesting when it seems so near. Very nice to visit it, hopefully someday in the future.
/Celina

DP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Herry said...

Wooowww..., this blog very cool ..., i like it very much..

if u have time visit n follow my blog
herry-tan.blogspot.com.. thanks

Anonymous said...

Do we have to send payment with the application?
-Visitor from Arizona, USA

price per head said...

Wonderful information. I will go to share this to my friends...